Competition promoted by Centro di Documentazione della Ricerca Artistica Contemporanea Luigi Di Sarro and aimed at young artists active in the field of video art.
Project realized with the contribution of the Istituto Italiano di Cultura of Pretoria and with the collaboration of South African association, Rainbow Media NPO, and CortoLovere in Italy.
OLTRE IL CORTO
BEYOND SHORT FORMAT
This call is an opportunity to encourage artistic production of moving images by identifying and rewarding exciting and innovative artworks produced by emerging artists in the countries involved. The call is open to young artists up to 40 years of age and resident in Italy or South Africa The original video artworks must have been produced in the last two years.
Theme of the call
A sustainable future Un futuro sostenibile
The project aims at:
- To identify and enhance artistic production through the audio-visual medium;
- Offer a spotlight to those experimentations in the audiovisual field that make use of new technologies as new creative opportunities.
- To the development of opportunities for active exchange and discussion on themes that include environment as well as on economic and socio-cultural sustainability at national and international levels.
- To encourage active dialogue between public and private institutions committed to the promotion of art in the countries involved in the project.
The entries will be evaluated by a jury of experts:
- Marco Albertario, Director Galleria Accademia Belle Arti Tadini, Lovere (BG)
- Anna Amendolagine, Director Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Pretoria
- Alessandra Atti Di Sarro, Centro Luigi Di Sarro, Rome
- Andrea Balzola, Mass Media Lecturer Accademia Albertina Belle Arti, Turin
- Andrea Couvert, Rainbow Media, Cape Town
- Andile Dyalvane, Artist, Imiso, Cape Town
- Laura Vincenti, Director Investec Cape Town Art Fair
The interested parties shall send their entries before 4th March 2018; entries must include the following:
- Short video (in1920x1080 H.264 format, AAC mp4) complete with title, duration (max 10min), and production year; The short video must have been uploaded on a digital platform (YouTube or Vimeo) and the link to it must be included in the application correspondence;
- Concept and director’s notes (max 1 folder in PDF);
- Artist’s portfolio;
- Artist’s curriculum vitae and copy of identity document;
Send your entry to:
The artworks of the first five finalists of both countries will be showcased in a collective exhibition that will be hosted in South Africa first and later in Italy.
The winner among the Italian finalists will be awarded a PRIZE consisting of a trip and a six-days stay in South Africa to attend to the award ceremony and screening that will be held on 24th March 2018 at Tsoga Center in Philippi, Cape Town, and a series of cultural visits.
The winner among the South African finalists will be awarded a PRIZE consisting of a trip and a six-days stay in Italy to attend to the award ceremony, to the 21st International Short Film Festival CortoLovere 24-29 September 2018, and a series of cultural visits.
A copy of the finalists’ videos will be stored at the Italian Institute of Culture of Pretoria for future reviews or events.